Wednesday 4 July 2007

The Title

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

I heard this audio from the CD my sister bought titled,
'How Close Is Too Close" by Dr Sheikh Mokhtar Al Maghroui. It deals with the etiquette between males and females in Islam. (This topic will be discuss in later post InsyaAllah).
Anyways, he mentioned about how shaytan makes UGLY beautiful while he makes BEAUTIFUL ugly. Like for example, CLUBBING is seen as cool by the masses while going to a syarahan means you’re a loser.
Anyhow, he then elaborated further giving an analogy of the type of glass you're looking through. Whether its crystal clear or rose tinted .
A crystal clear glass would mean that you are able to see through clearly. Meaning you are able to see the truth of the situation. (like there's no obstruction in your view)So if its UGLY, ITS UGLY. So if its BEAUTIFUL, ITS BEAUTIFUL . On the other hand, if your view is rose-tinted, you would only see the beauty of things on the surface but not what lies behind the glass. (the painted glass is obstructing your view so you can't see what's behind the glass).

So Yeah. I really like the analogy. I makes me ponder and I hope it makes you ponder too.
O Allah make us see the truth in things, make our view through a crystal clear glass instead a rose tinted one which has been painted by shaytan. O Allah please guide us all. Ameen.

Note: I would absolutely love to upload the audio here so you people can benefit from it. But I'm not sure about copyright issues. So if you wanna here it, please contact me.

No comments: